Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Painting lemons Gold

You know the sayings, “when one door shuts, another opens” … “when God closes a door, He opens a window” … “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade” … even though I much prefer “when life gives you lemons, paint it gold!”

We've been dealt a hand of sour lemons this week. And, therefore, we are all in need of a gold paint job with immediate effect. I keep reminding myself that God is in control and everything will fall into place as it always does and He has a plan and even though none of this makes sense now, it will in one week, one month, one year, etc… But I’m still restless, sleepless and sad. It's hard to see your son go through something painful and you cant do a thing to change it. I'm just so frustrated and sad. Yes, I admit. I am sad. I feel vulnerable. And so I will pray harder. We all will keep praying and will continue to pray and trust and know that the Lord is in control. His will shall be done, not mine. I'll try to wait patiently and faithfully until that will is revealed. I'm not to good at that even though we've had TONS of practice! In the meantime, I am painting. Painting everything gold and praying like there is no tomorrow.

No comments: