Thursday, September 30, 2010

This weeks email from Elder Haskell

Elder Haskell and his mom 6-2010

We look forward to Thursdays every week because it is Elder Haskell's P-Day, which means Thursday is the day we get an email from Josh! It has become a fun thing for us, as his family, to be together and read how he is doing at the MTC. We all enjoy Thursdays very much. Today is Thursday, and this Thursday has been a bit different.

As I sat down to begin a quick letter to our Elder Haskell, I was in a hurry because we use dearelder.com to stay in touch and they need all the letters in by noon to get it to the elder that same day. This was about 9 minutes before noon so I was in a hurry. I was also feeling guilty because this week I haven't sent as many letters as usual. In fact, I havent sent a single one.

I would like to blame how I was feeling on cold medication, or the fever. All of a sudden, I shift into MOM mode. I was moving all the tissues and cold medicine out of the way to hurry and get a letter sent off. I can only imagine how depressing his week would be if he didnt get a letter from his mom. Eight minutes left.....


It was at this very moment that my lovely daughter Lindsey poked her head in and said, "Josh just emailed me!! He's so awesome! Oh, and he said to tell you he only had 40 seconds left so he isn't writing you but he loves you."

I just stared at the door as she bounced down the hall happy as can be. I had to smile. After typing a quick and short email to my dear son, I grapped my box of tissues.

Guilt is gone. Very happy sister. Father thinks its no big deal. Brothers think its funny. Mom....is going back to bed. Whole family looking forward to next Thursday.

No comments: